The process used to imprint promotional items requires that ALL artwork be created as line art in a VECTOR-based graphic program, except when a four-process color product is being printed. Four-color process in both methods; digital and conventional requires high resolution images, at least 600 x 600 dpi in order to achieve best results when printed.
The following information on the acceptable and unacceptable file formats describes what is required in order to accept your artwork via email or disk.
Acceptable File Formats (PC Based):
Corel Draw 12 or lower
Adobe Illustrator CS2 or lower
Adobe Photoshop CS2 or lower
Adobe PageMaker 6.0
- All artwork created must be in a vector based graphic program.
- Fonts must be converted to curves or paths. Supply all fonts used – both printer and screen fonts. Remember that this text becomes an object and the text is not longer editable.
- Hard copy is required for all electronic/disk artwork (this is the only way we can be sure that we have not omitted type or pictures)
- Use PANTONE COLORS ONLY and supply the PMS Number (we cannot accept colors picked from the multi color bars on the bottom of programs)
- Full Process Color artwork must be saved as CYMK.
- If you artwork is spot color – your files must contains all spot colors in the correspondent PMS output color.
- Send all artwork as an attachment
- If you are submitting for files on disk we can accept 3.5"diskettes, CD and DVD drives. - All TIFF files must be black and white
- If we are required to manipulate your artwork, our rate is $60.00 per hour.
Files produced in word programs such as Word Perfect, Word for Windows etc are not suitable for artwork output. Even though these programs support "picture files" and have color capabilities – it is not possible to output film or separations from them. It is not possible at this point to convert these files to suitable programs.
Power Point and other programs that are used to create web pages and output to color printers are also not suitable. They can create the graphics but we can not successfully output film or separations from them.
REMEMBER -there are NO guarantees with electronic or disk art. Files may become corrupt, disks may become unreadable and data may become damaged. WE HAVE EXTREMELY HIGH END HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE AND WILL DO OUR BEST TO OUTPUT YOUR FILE.